Thursday, November 13, 2008

You don't always have to "fit in".

In my short seventeen years, I've had many times that it didn't fit in. Between switching friends in school, or even switching schools, I can think of many times where I didn't always have someone to turn to. In fourth grade, I had one of those "little girl drama" times. Three of my best friends started rejecting me and making fun of me in the hallways. It was especially hard when I had to go with one of them to their house two times a week becuase her mom taught me piano lessons. Because i wasn't getting along with my friend at the time, it was really hard when i was at her house. I would play with her little sister that was about 4 or 5 years younger than me, which at the time would make her in about first grade, or so. That was one hard time for me in grade school.

One more really tough time for me to fit in was freshman year. I had just moved to McFarland and didn't really know anyone. Starting high school by itself is a rough time, but then adding in not knowing anyone, well, that can make for some not so fun classes. I started to get to know some people and it became easier, but that was a really hard year for me. Trying to figure out who to be friends with, staying out of the intimidating senior's ways, and figuring out who to sit with at lunch made freshman year my year of "not fitting in".

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Aww Erin I'm sorry you had to have a tough freshman year. It's never easy being a freshman but being a new student on top of it had to make things extremely hard. I'm glad things are going better now though! =]

Sami said...

Hey Erin! I can only imagine how intimidating it must've been coming to McFarland as a freshman. Coming to a new school is hard enough, but coming to McFarland might be harder in my opinion. Because I see this school as a place where mostly everyone has known everyone since elementry school. But like Kristi said, I'm glad things are going better now! Good blog! :)

Morgan said...

Erin,
Reading your blog was really sad because I know freshmen year was scary for me and I've lived here my whole life, so I could only imagine how scared and left out you must have felt. But it's been a couple of years now and I hope you've gotten past that awful year.

Marisa said...

Erin, sorry your freshman year was so hard. I have no clue what it feels like to be a new student, it must be tough. It also is harder to make friends joining a new school becasue the groups are already made. I'm happy you're doing better. :)

Alyssa O said...

totally know how the not fitting in thing goes and drama. trying to make new friends, especially when you're quiet like me, isn't fun. As far as not always fitting in goes, it's harder to be yourself if you are trying to "fit in"

Katie B. said...

My sister is in 4th grade right now and going through some of the same "little girl dramas". Something and someone new everyweek. But I know what she's going through and can sort of help her.